How to Protect your Privacy – Because they work, phone scams never cease to exist. Also, scam texts are on the rise. These are the five signs that a text message is not legitimate and you should delete it.
Your inbox is important, even though we are talking about scams. Click or tap to get convincing spam sent to my email without obvious red flags.
Limiting who has access to your information is one way to reduce the number of attempts to take your money or sell your data to marketers. These are easy, inexpensive ways to do this.
Use a burner to hide your email address
You may not realize how many reasons you give your email away.
You expose yourself to spam, malware, junk mail and other forms of email abuse when you give your email address. A burner email is a great option.
You can use your primary email address to burn emails. There are many ways to obtain one.
- Temp Mail is a temporary, anonymous and disposable email address. The free version doesn’t require you to register. The service won’t automatically delete your temporary address. That’s up to the user. You can’t even send emails. Emails are kept for approximately two hours before being automatically deleted.
- You can also use 10 MinuteMail to send emails. The email address and email are both deleted within 10 minutes, as the name implies. You can forward important messages to another email address if you do not want them to be lost.
Trump-backed Las Vegas Sheriff Tops Democrat for Nevada Govt.
To get started, you don’t need to give any personal information. This is a great bonus.
Apple iCloud+ subscribers get one of my favorite Apple features, Hide My Mail. It generates random email addresses that you can forward to your inbox. You can add as many addresses as necessary and respond to messages.
- Go to Settings and tap on your Apple ID to create a new email account.
- Go to iCloud > Hide my Email > Create a New Address.
- Follow the instructions on screen to get a new email address that you can manage through iCloud settings.
You can also create aliases that are not tied to your primary email address with Gmail. These aliases are useful for filtering mail and seeing if your email address was on a spam mailing list.
Your real number is required for important matters, like your financial and medical records. If you don’t have it, there is no reason to give it away.
Google Voice is a free service that allows you to have a phone number you can use for international and domestic calls, texts, voicemails, and phone calls. Google Voice is available on iOS, Android, as well as your computer. To get started, all you need to have a Google account
Follow these steps.
- Download the app for iOS or Android or go to voice.google.com/u/0/signup to get it for your computer.
- Next, sign into your Google account.
- Check the terms before you proceed to the next step.
- Select a number from the list. You can also search by area code or city.
- Verify the number, and then enter a number to link your Voice account.
- For the next step, you’ll receive a six-digit code.
You can use your Google Voice number in any way you like, especially if you are adding it to an online form.
A burner app is another option. These apps give you another phone number and allow you to use your internet data or Wi Fi to make and receive calls as well as text messages. But here’s the catch: These are expensive.
Burner is one the most widely used apps in its category. You can route calls directly from your secondary number. You can try the app for free for 7 days. Plans start at $4.99 per Month for one line and $47.99 for a year.
Hushed allows you to create numbers anywhere in the world. You can even go beyond your local area code or the United States if you wish. Prepaid plans start at $1.99 per day and include minutes for local calls or texts. Unlimited talk and text is available for $3.99 per month, and international service is available for $4.99 per month.