Oregon abduction suspected Benjamin Foster dead after hours-long standoff with police

A long-running manhunt in Oregon ended on Tuesday evening when police arrested a suspect they said that was “extremely risky,” officials said. The suspect later passed away in a hospital.

Benjamin Foster, 36, one of the convicted felons who was wanted in connection with the latest kidnapping and brutal torture of and attempt to murder of woman has died following an hour-long standoff with police.

Oregon abduction suspected Benjamin Foster

Foster was found on late on Tuesday in a crawl space beneath the home. He was unable to hand himself over to officers from Grants Pass Police Department Grants Pass Police Department and other departments for a long time. The SWAT team and the Crisis Negotiation team were on the scene.

Foster was critically ill at the moment of his arrest. He was later transported into the hospital.

He passed away shortly after his death, as per KTVL-TV.

Fox News has reached out to the Grants Pass Police Department and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office for more details.

Police said no officers were hurt during the incident.

In 2019, prior to his move in Oregon, Foster held his ex-girlfriend in the confines of her Las Vegas apartment for two weeks. An Las Vegas police report obtained by The Associated Press said she was held until she was being unconscious, and also suffered broken ribs. two eyes that were black, and injuries from being bound around the ankles and wrists.

At first, he was charged with five felonies that included battery and assault, and was sentenced to decades of prison after conviction.

As a substitute for the long punishment, Clark County prosecutors struck an agreement with Foster who agreed to plead guilty to felony as well as battery that was a misdemeanor. In September 2021 the judge sentenced him two and a half years the Nevada prison.

However, after the 729 days that he been held in jail in anticipation of hearings were taken into consideration for his sentence, Foster was left to be sentenced to a lesser number of days in the state’s detention.

Prior to the arrest police released a picture of Foster however, they said he could have changed his appearance since the photo was taken. Grants Pass Police Lt. Jeff Hattersley said Foster had cut off his shoulder-length brown hair into a thicker one and had his beard to a larger size.

“The Grants Pass Police Department is asking people to pay special focus on Foster’s facial structure and eyes as these aspects are difficult to alter. Additional images of Foster when they are made readily available, will then be published to aid in his identification,” the Grants Pass Police stated in an update on January. 29 news release.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here