Instagram is the perfect social media app that enables you to create private or public profiles to post photos and videos. You may use the app for chatting with your friends or for professional reasons. However, you may unintentionally erase a message or delete a chat. So, you must be wondering how you can regain those deleted messages. Scan this post to learn the processes for how to see deleted messages on Instagram.
How To See Deleted Messages On Instagram
You can easily access your deleted Instagram posts or direct messages (DMs). Instagram provides the Recently Deleted option in the Settings. Thus, you may utilize this feature to view deleted messages, chats, images, videos, reels, and IGTV clips. Plus, the option assists in viewing the old and erased IG stories accessible only for a day.
Use the techniques explained below to get your deleted IG messages back:
On PC/Laptop – (Instagram.com):
- Firstly, open your system, enable Wi-Fi, and go to the Chrome web browser.
- Next, tap https://www.instagram.com/.
- Now, log into your Instagram profile by typing in your email, phone number, username, and password.
- Tap on the Profile symbol at the top-right of the screen.
- Select Profile.
- Tap on the Edit Profile option close to your IG username.
- Choose the Privacy and Security option when you see a panel on the left side.
- Now, you will see the Data Download option. Click on the Request Download link.
- Under the Get the Copy of your Information tab, verify your email id and choose the Information Format (HTML). Hit on the Next button.
- You need to provide your password for your IG username. Enter the password.
- Tap on the Request Download option.
- Examine your email inbox to find the download information link. Tap on the Download Information option after getting the email.
- After this, you will get redirected to the Instagram site. Login again to verify your identity.
- Under the Your Instagram Information, tap on the Download Information link.
- Finally, proceed to the Messages Folder and unlock it to access your deleted messages.
Note: Instagram may share the link to download information at your email address within two days or earlier. Remember the link that IG conveys is available only for fourteen days. So, download it as soon as you receive it. Else, request a new download information link if the received link is no longer reachable.
On SmartPhone – (Instagram App):
- Firstly, activate your mobile data and go to your Instagram app.
- Next, click on the Profile symbol on the bottom-left side of the phone screen.
- After that, tap on the three dashes on the top-right. Choose Settings —> Security —> Download Data.
- Otherwise, use the search bar of the Settings option. Enter Download Your Information.
- Now, check your email address that arrives.
- Tap Request Download.
- Type in your Instagram Password for your IG username. Hit Next.
- Under the Download Your Data tab, press Done.
- When you see the Messages folder, extract it via the UnZip software or other Zip file opening tool.
- Finally, all the messages get unzipped, open it and access all your deleted IG DMs. In this way, how to see deleted messages on Instagram query will get settled.
Via Your Linked FB Account (Facebook.com):
Another method concerning how to see deleted messages on Instagram is through your Facebook account linked with your Instagram profile.
Note: Do not use your Facebook application or FB Lite while adopting this technique. Instead, you must visit the official website of Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/).
- Firstly, open your laptop, activate your internet connection, open a website browser, and go to https://www.facebook.com/.
- Sign in with that account that you are using to access your Instagram profile.
- After that, turn up at your Facebook messages or FB Messenger.
- Now, navigate to the left dashboard.
- Hit on the Instagram Direct icon.
- Finally, seek the directives as they arrive to find all your erased Instagram Direct Messages.
How to See Deleted Messages on Instagram Using the Third-Party Tools?
You may find numerous third-party tools that support you to see your deleted Instagram messages with ease.
These tools use cache info from your Android or iPhone device to retrieve deleted DMs. Using these apps is straightforward.
How To See Deleted Messages On Instagram – Utilize Dr. Fone by WonderShare
Another well-known Android file recovery tool is Dr. Fone by Wondershare. It is consistent with both Mac and Windows. Plus, it is available for Android 10, Android 9, and earlier Android editions.
The software restores deleted data due to accidental erasure, rooting mistakes, configuration, software errors, malware infection, and other causes. Dr. Fone can restore deleted pictures, video files, contact lists, messages, call records, WhatsApp info, etc.
Fonelab is a fantastic data accessing tool for Android. It is usable by both Mac and Pc. This software aids in regaining permanently deleted Instagram messages.
You can recover images, video files, audio files, contact details, text messages, file attachments, call records, WhatsApp history, etc.
How To See Deleted Messages On Instagram via U.Fone
U.Fone is a well-known data recovery program for iOS devices. It is consistent for both Mac and PC. The software retrieves all of your crucial data from your iOS device.
It can quickly retrieve deleted Instagram messages, pictures, video files, contact lists, texts, notes, WhatsApp records, etc.
iMyFone D-Back Software is immensely beneficial for recovering deleted files from your iOS device. Use it to rapidly and effortlessly recover your removed Instagram messages. This tool is available for both Mac and PC.
Utilize it to recover photos, video files, texts, contact information, phone records, Viber info, WhatsApp records, Kik records, WeChat records, Line information, Safari records, Notes data, and other information out of your iOS device.
Conclusion on How To See Deleted Messages On Instagram
You are now aware of all the techniques for retrieving erased Instagram DMs. Follow the above hacks to recover your obliterated Instagram messages. We hope this article will assist in accessing all of your Instagram messages that got erased mistakenly from your device.